Tuesday, October 6, 2026

THE BLUES KEEP MOVING ON

 



The blues get knocked down, get back up, and keep moving. Thirty songs. Two hours. 

This edition of The Scientific Method follows the blues wherever they want to go. Chicago grit, Southern soul, hard-driving guitars, deep grooves, new retro R&B, raw boogie, and the music being made right now.

Fools and lovers, accusations and second chances, gratitude and regret. Things get lost. Things get found. Plans change. Along the way, survival starts sounding a whole lot like celebration.

Old hands alongside new voices, tradition bumping into invention, and one song leading naturally —and sometimes unexpectedly — into the next.

Turn it up and follow the trail.

Tommy Castro - Bloodshot Eyes
Big Mike Aguirre - Deal with the Devil
Whitney Shay - Stand Up

Buddy Guy - Upside Down
Mike Wheeler - That's What Love Will Make You Do
Chris Shepherd - I Believe I’ll Make A Change

Son Seals - Don't Pick Me For Your Fool
Joanna Connor - When The Levee Breaks

Doyle Bramhall II - Gimme Back My Wig
Hound Dog Taylor - You Can't Sit Down
Anthony Geraci - Rockin' Til Dawn

Bernard Allison - Time Traveler (feat. Larry McCray & Matthew Mwangi)
DK Harrell - Talkin Heavy
Jeremiah Johnson - Different Plan For Me

Karate Boogaloo - We've Lost Something We Can't Replace
Thee Sacred Souls & Victor Axelrod - Waiting on the Right Time
Thee Sinseers & Joey Quiñones - Let 'Em Shine
The Womack Sisters - Chauffeur

Ruthie Foster - Thank You
Sam & Dave - I Thank You
John Primer & Friends - Little By Little

GA-20 & Charlie Musselwhite - The Blues Never Die
Eddie 9V - She Got Some Money
Eleven Guys Quartet - Cheeky Baby

Seasick Steve - Above Ground Boogie
Jamiah Rogers - Do It Right
Amani Burnham - Lovers Till They Die

Selwyn Birchwood - What I've Been Accused Of
Toronzo Cannon - If I'm Always Wrong
Chris O'Leary - How'd I Ever Get Along