Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Celebrate Jazz Appreciation Month


T. Renner, "Portrait of Dave Brubeck," 2008, acrylic on paper, 10.5" x 13.5".

April is Jazz Appreciation Month, and to celebrate I will be displaying a bunch of my jazz orientated pieces at Urban Eats Cafe, 3301 Meramec Avenue, in the Dutchtown neighborhood of St Louis.

On Sunday, April 19, you can join me for brunch at Urban Eats from 10:00 a.m. 'til 2:00 p.m. Not sure exactly what the special menu items will be but think New Orleans....

I will also have work on display at Urban Eats in May and June, with accompanying Sunday brunches. Stay tuned for further details.

By the way, this portrait of Dave Brubeck was my first attempt at a portrait. I used the cover of the January 2008 issue of DownBeat magazine as my model. Click on the thumbnail to see a full-size version!

No comments:

Post a Comment